Tuesday, May 12, 2015

To Those That I Don't Have Contact Info For...

Whoops. Forgot to grab that whenever I may have talked to you. Or perhaps I got rushed out the door by a coach or something to that effect. My bad. This is my best bet of going about this now, so here goes.

Pretty deep into the process of figuring out who will be playing this summer, with opening nights for both the boys & girls leagues just over 6 weeks away. I'm trying to figure out (as best as possible) who will be participating, whether as a regular or alternate, over the next 2 weeks. I'll be sending initial e-mails to college coaches starting May 25 with a preliminary player list, and I want to get as much straight by then as I can. Of course, it's not free to play this summer (what is?) - but I don't REQUIRE payment in order to hold your spot. Let me know you (or your son/daughter, if it's a parent reading this) is in as a regular or alternate & fill out the recruiting packet info (link below) to hold the spot.

I mentioned 'alternate' twice in the last paragraph, which may or may not be something I told you about before. Alternate status is for people interested in participating that have summer schedules too crazy to commit - if you want to play when you can, but you would only be around half the time or less, this is for you. There are some people - especially girls with top teams for Albany Capitals, Lady Stars, and a couple others - that are going down this road because of commitments with their AAU programs in July. I'm not turning you away if you want in. I'll link all that info below too.

All the info is on the blog. I know you're all smart enough to just scroll through, but might as well make it easier and put all the links right here, as I've been doing with people I have contact info for. So, here they are:

League Overview: http://empirestatetakeover.blogspot.com/2015/03/league-updates.html
Alternate Option: http://empirestatetakeover.blogspot.com/2015/04/alternate-status.html
FAQs: http://empirestatetakeover.blogspot.com/2015/04/aprils-faqs.html

And if you decide you want in:

Payment Info: http://empirestatetakeover.blogspot.com/2015/04/payment-info.html
Recruiting Packet Form: www.empirestatetakeover.org/en/Forms/

If anyone has any questions - players, parents, anyone - please feel free to get ahold of me. The only time the phone isn't within 5 feet of me is when I'm playing ball myself. Like I mentioned, I'm trying to figure out who will be in and in what form over the next couple weeks if possible. I'll leave my contact info below.

One more thing... if you're worried or skeptical about if it's going to be good, this is my passion. This is what I've put hundreds upon hundreds of hours into over the last few months. I've been selective as to who I talk to, and I've been stretching upwards of 4 hours away from the Capital District. You've got my word - it'll be good. Hope that I'll be able to have you out in 6 weeks!


Jeff Mlinar
Program Director
(315) 360-2730 (Cell)
jeffmlinar@yahoo.com
www.empirestatetakeover.org

No comments:

Post a Comment