Thursday, March 26, 2015

LEAGUE UPDATES

Just relaying all the updated information via the blog for players & families. I'm in the process of scheduling information sessions, but it's taking a while trying to get it lined up and I don't feel like waiting any longer. If there are any questions, please ask!

Nothing has changed as far as main details over the last 2+ months. It'll be at Union College. Boys will be on Wednesdays, starting June 24, with girls on Thursdays starting June 25. Playoffs for both will take place on Saturday, August 8. The only possible change: flip-flopping the 6th week. Girls will move up on the final regular season week from Thursday (7/30) to Wednesday (7/29) - a third session falling in the girls' NCAA Division I evaluation period. Planning on moving the boys back from 7/29 to 7/30 for that week. Regular season game times will be at 6:00, 7:00, and 8:00, with everyone playing 2 games a night.

*** Real time update - as of 4/18, we will have certified college officials manning the whistles at all games, both boys & girls. Costs a little extra, but as you see in AAU ball, you get what you pay for and we'll have the best!

I've received numerous questions about recruiting packet information and payment, and there have been some recruiting packet forms submitted and checks sent in so far. There's a form on the website for recruiting packet information. It can be filled out directly on the website and gets submitted directly to me - no one sees the info on it besides myself and the coaches who attend unless otherwise specified (name, grade entering, height, school, and stats/awards will be on roster pages when the time comes). It consists of general, contact, academic, and athletic info. To find the form, go to www.empirestatetakeover.org, and there's a 'Forms' dropdown selection under 'Contact Us'. As far as payment goes, it'll be $100. If you'd like more detailed info about payment, feel free to ask directly. Don't feel like throwing my address out there - contact info below! I treat the submission of recruiting packet information as a way of saying 'save my spot', and of course the payment as 'count me in'.

One more thing. I've talked about this to many of my people from farther away (Syracuse, Binghamton, Plattsburgh, LoHud, central MA), but here's a good time to drop it to everyone. I do offer the option of being an 'alternate'. This is for those who are interested in playing, but would only be available for 2-3 weeks during the season. The rate would drop from $100 and become a per-week thing. Again, it's for people who want to play but can't make it for most weeks. Let me know if this ends up being you, and we can discuss. I try to refrain from having loads of alternates, but I'm not going to turn people that want to play away because of lack of consistent availability.

Again... this doesn't really have schedule conflicts with AAU, for the most part. It's not a "AAU or this" sort of thing. Everyone that plays will be playing AAU somewhere. Many coaches have become paranoid in the couple weeks I've been on the trail... don't worry, not stealing your players!

We're getting into April, so I ask everyone I've talked to about the league to start thinking more seriously about whether or not you want in, if you haven't already. I'm requesting that I get a yes, no, or alternate decision by early-mid May and payment by the May 15 area. It's very important that I can provide accurate prospect lists well in advance to send to college coaches. Many go on vacation for an extended period of time in late May, so I want to get the bulk of e-mails out BEFORE spring semester wraps up. The more I can build 4-6 weeks in advance, the more programs will attend. With May 15 being six weeks away, it's EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that you ask me anything & everything you're wondering about. So I'll be a broken record and say this again... Questions/comments? Please, ask away!

Jeff Mlinar
Cell: (315) 360-2730
jeffmlinar@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment