Thursday, May 21, 2015

League Status Update

Posting it on the blog to look halfway organized & avoid overtweeting.

Opening night is under 5 weeks away (5 weeks exactly for girls). It's go time! I'm starting to put together preliminary rosters tonight, and will be working on it on & off through the weekend. Hopes are to have boys done Sunday night/Monday morning, girls done Tuesday/Wednesday. Again, they are preliminary rosters... subject to additions, subtractions, and change, but not total overhaul. It will be a good idea.

There are still openings available, although they are filling. I have received more checks this week than any other so far, and it's still Thursday (just jinxed myself). The boys' spots are filling QUICKLY, so if you want to play and haven't filled out recruiting packet information or sent in the check, it's really a good idea to do at least one, if not both, ASAP. The girls are also filling up, and I've made a lot of progress this week, but there are more openings available at the moment. It's just taken a little longer for some girls/parents to warm up to the idea.

I will be sending out initial e-mails to college coaches NEXT WEEK, as soon as Monday for the boys' league (girls' too, if I can get rosters together by then). Thank you to everyone who has responded with a yes or no regarding participation in the league. With the work I need to do to complete this (on my own), if you have not responded with a yes or no and don't over the next couple days, you are doing me a HUGE disservice. Even if it is a no (and trust me, I'm pretty aware who will eventually be in & who will be out, it's just the decency of a response), please tell me so I know. I have not been biting the heads off of people who tell me no. I put crazy miles on the car, loads of money in the gas tank, got very little sleep this winter & into spring to get out and watch people play. To those that haven't responded (which the number is thankfully dwindling), at least show me the respect.

Just ordered the jerseys - DriFit, Empire State Takeover on the front, team name on the back with jersey number, for what it's worth.

I tried to get everywhere this winter & spring, but I know I wasn't able to watch everyone. If I have not talked to you about participation in Empire State Takeover this summer, you think you can play at a high level, have goals of playing basketball in college, and would like to play in the league or at least be given more information, reach out to me. Either shoot the Takeover Twitter a DM or go to the website (www.empirestatetakeover.org), click on the 'Contact Us' tab, and drop a message there. This is a select event, but I am willing to listen and check because I know I was unable to get everywhere I wanted to. If interested, please do so soon.

Thanks to everyone that has been showing interest in the league, it is much appreciated and I'm looking forward to a big summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment