Monday, December 13, 2021

The Week Ahead: December 13-19, 2021

Three down, 14 to go!

Skipping the small talk this time, it's a weekly thing. Time for 'The Week Ahead'. What gyms am I tentatively planning to be in this week? Check it out:

Mon, 12/13: Gananda @ East Rochester (S5) 
Tues, 12/14: Penfield @ Pittsford Mendon (S5)
Wed, 12/15: Catskill @ Greenville (S2) as primary; will catch some of Hudson @ Cairo-Durham before
Thurs, 12/16: Elmira Notre Dame @ Waverly (S4) for now; this could change
Fri, 12/17: Ichabod Crane @ CCHS (S2) or Marathon @ Union Springs (S4) - still to decide
Sat, 12/18: Heuvelton @ Massena, then Lowville/Gouverneur, Harrisville/Hermon-DeKalb, Northern Adirondack/Canton @ SUNY Canton (S10) - weather dependent & also could change
Sun, 12/19: nothing on the schedule as of now - if there's a game I'm unaware of, let me know!


The two highlights of this week, at least at this stage, are pretty apparent: I'm making my first Section V trip of the year to start the week, and besides that, there's a lot of uncertainty. Thursday & Friday are currently somewhat up in the air due to my own indecisiveness (and understanding that I'll need to be flexible given all the recent schedule changes), and Saturday could bring snow to the area in which I plan to travel to. As far as games go, Penfield/Mendon has to take the cake for hottest contest of the week. I'm sure I'll be one of approximately 385738 people covering it - see you all there! Gananda's season opener & a good matchup in the post against defending Section V C1 champ East Rochester to start. Janay Brantley, fresh off a 50 piece McNugget, and her Catskill team head to a sneaky solid Greenville. END/Waverly should be intriguing, Ichabod/CCHS features two of the Albany area's finest young guards & Marathon/Union Springs features two of its region's finest older guards. Altogether, should be fun wherever I land. See you in some gyms!

No comments:

Post a Comment